- Every year, many patients from around the world travel to India for various organ transplant procedures.
- One of the most popular operations for which patients travel to India is kidney transplantation, and India boasts one of the world's most extensive living donor kidney transplant programs.
- There are numerous advantages to having your kidney transplant performed in India.
Why would you want to have a kidney transplant in India?
One of the most popular operations for which patients travel to India is kidney transplantation, and India boasts one of the world's most extensive living donor kidney transplant programs.
The following are the main advantages of having a kidney transplant in India:
- Hospitals with international accreditation include:
- The world's largest healthcare certification agencies, such as Joint Commission International (JCI) and the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), have certified India's kidney transplant hospitals.
- Hospitals recognized by these boards are assessed for the quality of patient care and are given a rating based on the treatment and facilities they offer.
- The infrastructure of the highest quality and cutting-edge technology:
- Indian hospitals are equipped with some of the most advanced medical technology in the world.
- These advanced systems allow surgeons to execute operations with greater precision and accuracy, resulting in improved clinical results and fewer postoperative problems.
- Top kidney transplant doctors:
- Indian surgeons are known for their medical knowledge and expertise all over the world.
- They've had significant training and are professionals in nephrectomy and kidney transplant surgery.
- The top kidney transplant surgeons in India have extensive experience with all types of kidney transplant surgeries and difficult renal failure situations.
- Low cost of therapy:
- In India, the cost of a kidney transplant is relatively low compared to other countries.
- In India, a kidney transplant costs roughly $ 14000.
- Pre-transplant investigations, surgery, and post-transplant follow-up are all included in this price.
- If a person from another country has a kidney transplant in India, they can save up to 40% to 50% on the cost.
- The significant advantage is that even after factoring in the prices of air tickets, lodging, meals, and other amenities, the entire cost of treatment remains affordable.
- This is because India's average cost of living is significantly lower than that of the United States of America and many European countries, owing to the currency disparity.
- Success rate of kidney transplantation:
- The success rate of kidney transplantation is around 10%.
- The success rate of kidney transplants in India is very high, thanks to the utilization of new technology and cutting-edge surgical procedures and current immunosuppressant drugs, tight infection-control protocols, and thorough rehabilitative care.
- International patients can take advantage of the following additional services:
- Patients from other countries receive dependable medical care and excellent facilities thanks to these institutions' international patient management staff.
- Many specialized international patient services are available in India's top-tier hospitals, including teleconsultation with professional doctors, transportation from the airport, multilingual translators, global cuisine, currency exchange services, and various bill payment options.
Submit a Request