Liv Hospital in Turkey
LIV Hospitals are four medical centers located in Turkey's three largest cities: Istanbul, Ankara, and Samsun. The LIV Hospital Ulus, Istanbul's first ultra-modern hospital, opened in 2013.
It is located in the quiet residential district of Ulus, overlooking the Bosphorus in the heart of Istanbul. LIV Hospitals' reputation as an international medical facility has been recognized by JCI and ISO 9001 accreditations.
Procedures and their associated costs:
The price may vary based on the circumstance and the doctors' recommendations.
- Ultrasound: starting from $45
- Cardio Check-Up: starting from $870
- Doctor’s initial consultation: starting from $120
- MRI (1 segment of the body): starting from $500
- Doctor re-consultation: free
- CT (1 segment of the body): starting from $400
- Hospitalization (1 day): starting from $350
- PET CT: starting from $900
- Day hospital (medication one day): starting from $300
- MRI with contrast: starting from $650
- CT scan with contrast: starting from $600
- Conclusion on your MRI / CT: starting from $120
- Radiation therapy (session): starting from $300
- Radiation therapy (course): starting from $7,000
- PET-CT with Gallium 68: starting from $2,200
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery: starting from $30,000
- Spinal hernia surgery: starting from $9,500
- Coronary stenting: starting from $10,000
- Laser vision correction (for 2 eyes): starting from $2,000
- Autologous bone marrow transplantation (BMT): starting from $40,000
- Bone marrow transplant from a relative: starting from $86,000
- Bone marrow transplant from an unrelated donor: starting from $110,000
- Arthrodesis of the ankle joint: starting from $7,700
- Knee replacement: starting from $13,000
- CT angiography: starting from $1,200
- Revision of histological material: starting from $500
- Material sampling (biopsy 1 organ): starting from $1,600
- Rhinoplasty: starting from $3,600
- Oncology Check-Up: starting from $1,660
- Breast augmentation: starting from $4,000
- Liposuction: starting from $3,300
- Prostatectomy with Da Vinci Robot: starting from $16,600
- Hip replacement: starting from $16,000
LIV Hospitals Clinic Departments:
The clinic LIV Hospitals offers a variety of services:
- Organizational matters
LIV Hospitals: Samsun
The clinic was established in 2007 and has since become one of Turkey's most important medical centers. LIV Ulus received the Joint Commission International for its high-tech equipment, doctor qualifications, and excellent service (JCI certification.)
One of the essential certifications in the healthcare business is the American certification. The LIV Ulus Clinic has also been awarded the European ISO quality mark.
The hospital has a unique idea, focusing on treating each patient as an individual. The hospital has 50 wards, eight operating rooms, and 154 beds spread across 30,000 square meters.
Department of Medical Oncology
The treatment of oncological disorders is the emphasis of LIV Ulus. Patients go from all around the world to receive treatment at the clinic:
- Tumors of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), liver and pancreas, gallbladder;
- Oncohematology: Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma, leukemia;
- Oncogynecology: uterine, ovarian, and cervical cancer;
- Cancers of the kidney, bladder, prostate;
- Osteosarcoma and soft tissue sarcoma;
- Thyroid cancer, lung cancer, and breast cancer.
Treatment Strategy That Is Unique To You
Treatment is carried out by a team of competent doctors, including a surgeon, medical oncologist, radiotherapist, and other specialists. The doctors meet once a week for a consultation to discuss each patient's treatment plan and any necessary modifications.
Robotic surgery is a type of surgery that uses robots to perform The Da Vinci robot is used by surgeons to operate on the prostate, kidney, bladder, and other organs. Surgical procedures have grown less traumatic due to modern technologies, and the recovery period has been cut in half.
TrueBeam STx from Varian. Radiation therapy may now be delivered with optimal efficiency thanks to the new linear gas pedal. The device's key feature is its ability to target cancerous cells. Organs and healthy tissue are unaffected.
Algorithm Acuros XB is a type of acuros. This is a sophisticated computer algorithm for determining radiation exposure. It eliminates the human aspect and any errors in complex calculations, saving time and money.
Acuros XB creates a tailored radiation treatment plan based on the patient's unique characteristics, such as height, weight, and tumor location concerning adjacent tissues and organs.
Artificial Intelligence in Chemotherapy
Liv Hospital Ulus employs the most current treatment procedures to maximize the treatment process and improve the patient's prognosis. To plan chemotherapy courses, the Department of Medical Oncology uses artificial intelligence.
A prior chemotherapy regimen is given to the doctor based on the patient's information:
- Height, weight, and physical characteristics
- Comorbidities' prevalence,
- The extent to which underlying cancer has progressed and how severe it is.
The chemotherapy dose is manufactured in an automated preparation unit after the oncologist reviews and approves the proposed treatment plan.
The patient's state, test findings, and side effects are all factors in determining the next chemotherapy dose. Changes in treatment are automatically communicated to the doctor, nurse, and patient.
The artificial intelligence system improves communication between medical professionals and patients while also saving time by computing routine data automatically.
Medication therapy in its entirety
Depending on the individual patient's demands, the specialists at Liv Hospital Ulus can provide several pharmacological therapy choices for tumors. The clinic has had success with the following strategies:
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy,
- Radiation therapy and brachytherapy,
- Directed therapy (targeted therapy),
- Hormone therapy
- Maintenance therapy,
Controlling Hair Loss
During chemotherapy, patients must wear a DigniCap, a unique device worn on the scalp. This device actively cools the hair follicles. The cold constricts the blood vessels in the strand, preventing the chemotherapeutic agent from spreading. This results in a significant reduction in hair loss.
Center for Genetic Research
Patients with any congenital or uncommon genetic disorder can receive laboratory diagnosis and follow-up at the facility.
The following are the critical areas of the center:
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). Before the embryo is transplanted into the mother's uterus wall, a diagnosis is made. The PGD is used to detect congenital genetic abnormalities in the fetus.
Early gene research allows for the selection of disease-free embryos. PGD improves a patient's chances of becoming pregnant while lowering the danger of miscarriage and multiple births.
The prenatal diagnosis is non-invasive. Maternal blood can be used to diagnose a fetus using next-generation sequencing methods. Forty-four hereditary disorders can be examined on each chromosome. It is not necessary to remove tissue from the embryo.
- Next-Generation Sequencing technology (NGS) is a new level of human genome research that allows for more extensive studies and the prediction of illness development in you or a relative in the future.
There are several diagnostic panels to choose from:
- Breast and ovarian cancer screening, as well as genetic malignancies, are also available.
- Hereditary neuropathies and neuromuscular disorders are on the neurological panel.
- Cardiomyopathies, arrhythmias, vascular and connective tissue diseases of the heart are all conditions that affect the heart.
- Hematology: Disorders of bone marrow, coagulation, and thrombosis.
LIV Hospitals: Ulus
The clinic is located in Karadeniz, Turkey, in the center of the Black Sea region, away from the major hotels and tourist sites. Patients can receive diagnosis and treatment in comfort while enjoying an untouched environment near the sea.
The clinic's architecture was created following worldwide medical care quality standards. Patients are treated in single rooms that are fully equipped for a comfortable stay away from home.
The infrastructure of the clinic covers 7,000 square meters. The institution is equipped with cutting-edge medical technology and can accommodate up to 60 patients at once.
The hospital's structure
The hospital has 25 wards and four high-tech operation rooms. This allows the patient to receive the full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic measures in one location, eliminating the need for further travel and lines.
Patients from other countries commonly visit the following departments:
- Center for Follow-Up Examinations,
- Urology Department,
- Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Department,
- Center for Hair Transplantation.
Adults and children are treated in the Urology Department. Here, all urinary tract disorders are treated, with a particular focus on benign and malignant malignancies.
Erectile dysfunction, male infertility, urolithiasis, Peyronie's disease, benign and malignant tumors of the bladder, prostate, and kidneys, and benign and malignant malignancies of the bladder, prostate, and kidneys are all treated here.
The Da Vinci robot, created in the United States by Intuitive Surgical, is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia and cancer.
This treatment has the following benefits:
- Minimally invasive intervention with tiny incisions the size of a dime and an excellent cosmetic appearance as a result,
- Fast recovery time and resumption of pre-surgery lifestyle
- Complications are less likely (1%), and there is a lower chance of death.
- Possibility of removing the tumor in regions where the surgeon's hands are unable to reach.
In the LIV Samsun Urology Department, what types of surgeries are performed?
- Hydrocele and varicocele removal
- MicroTESE, TESA, and testicular biopsy for infertility diagnosis
- Kidney, prostate, and bladder tumors can all be removed with the help of a robot.
- For erectile dysfunction, penile prostheses are available.
- Peyronie's disease surgical treatment
- Percutaneous lithotripsy is a procedure for removing kidney stones through the skin.
The Department of Neurology collaborates with Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, and Rheumatology to provide a comprehensive approach to illness management.
Here are some of the diseases that are treated:
- Dizziness and headaches
- Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss
- Neuromuscular disorders.
Department of Neurosurgery
Patients' brains and peripheral nerves are operated on here. Adults and children are both treated in this facility.
Liv Hospital Samsun is adequately equipped to handle complex brain tumor operations. Our in-house laboratory performs histopathological investigations on the tumor samples that have been excised.
The findings are addressed at a weekly meeting of clinicians, including surgeons, medical oncologists, radiotherapists, and other specialists.
Additional treatments, including chemotherapy and radiotherapy, are discussed at the meeting. This allows for the development of the most effective treatment strategy for each particular patient.
During surgery, a computerized electrophysiological monitoring system is used to limit the risk of problems. It allows crucial functional parts of the brain to be protected from harm.
LIV Hospitals: Ankara
Leading professionals in treating various types of ailments in adults, the elderly, and children are brought together at Liv Hospital Ankara. Patients worldwide flock to Liv Hospital Ankara for treatment because of the hospital's comprehensive approach to medical care.
The hospital has state-of-the-art radiation therapy machines, such as the Varian TrueBeam STx, the Da Vinci robotic system, and its laboratory, which speeds up the treatment procedure and makes the patients' stay more comfortable.
The respected JCI (Joint Commission Overseas) has accredited Liv Hospital Ankara, demonstrating the excellent standard of medical care provided to international patients.
Center for Hair Transplantation
Doctors extract hair follicles from the donor location of the patient to treat alopecia (hair loss). This is usually the back of the head. During the procedure, doctors transplant the most significant number of hair transplants possible.
Hair transplants are performed at the LIV Clinic using the latest FUE method of follicular union extraction. The key benefit of this procedure is that it allows for a hair transplant without incisions or stitches.
Diagnosis for Follow-Up
LIV Clinic professionals have devised specific check-up programs for comprehensive body diagnostics, allowing disease prevention and early detection. The doctor selects the program based on the patient's gender, age, and the presence of previously diagnosed disorders.
Department of Interventional Radiology
The Liv Clinic is equipped with cutting-edge equipment for the non-surgical treatment of brain, spinal cord, and internal organ illnesses. During these treatments, the new angiography technology allows for navigation. Patients are usually able to leave the hospital right after the procedure.
Department of Cardiac Surgery
Adults and children undergo a variety of cardiac procedures at this facility. The Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) has thoroughly accredited the department as a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery.
Cardiologists, neurologists, endocrinologists, nephrologists, and radiologists join with cardiac surgeons to provide a multidisciplinary approach to treating difficult situations.
Complex cardiac interventions in children aged 0 to 8 years are achievable because of the equipment of the surgical and intensive care units and internationally trained physicians.
Minimally invasive procedures are used to accomplish aortocoronary bypass surgery, stenting, and cardiac valve surgery without cutting into the chest.
LIV Hospitals: Bahcesehir
MLP Care Medical Group's 25 years of experience were incorporated into the University Hospital, opening in 2016 in Istinya, a European suburb in Istanbul.
It features more than 50 wards, ward divisions, intensive care units, and high-tech operating theatres for laparoscopic and robotic surgery, with a total size of 65,000 square meters on 21 floors.
The clinic's main focus areas are:
- Oncology in medicine,
- Management of chronic pain (Algology Center),
- Aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgery are all fields of medicine that deal with the body's appearance.
- Surgical weight loss,
- Treatment for liver illness.
The facility is one of the few in the country, having a pediatric intensive care unit. The aesthetic medicine clinic undertakes rhinoplasty (nose surgery), breast augmentation, ear surgery, and other "problematic" procedures.
Breast surgeries are performed using a unique "no-touch" technique involving placing implants without touching them through small incisions. For oncology patients who have had their breasts removed, the department's doctors undertake reconstructive procedures.
Reconstructive procedures in individuals with congenital deformities such as cleft palate or cleft lip are one of the department's key areas of focus.
Closed rhinoplasty with atraumatic access results in a better postoperative prognosis, with less bruising and edema. Doctors also remove Moles and birthmarks.
For microsurgical operations on fingers and hands, foreign patients chose the department of reconstructive surgery. Specialists re-establish motor function and fine motor abilities using novel procedures.
Center for Organ Transplantation
The Liv Hospital Bahçeşehir Organ Transplant Center is Turkey's best, featuring cutting-edge technology and internationally known experts.
The clinic performs related donor liver, kidney, and pancreas transplants. Adults and toddlers have their organs transplanted.
We have achieved excellent patient survival rates both in the postoperative phase and after a long time of surveillance, thanks to our many years of experience.