- Dr. Biruk Gebregziabiher is a highly skilled physiotherapist from Ethiopia who has dedicated his life to helping people recover from physical injuries and disabilities.
- He currently works as a primary contact of EPTA to the world confederation of physiotherapy. He is also employed as a Lecturer and doctor of Physiotherapy at St Pauls’ hospital millennium medical college. He handles the smooth functioning of the master class respiratory therapy program there.
- With over a decade of experience in the field of physiotherapy, Dr. Biruk has earned a reputation as one of the best physiotherapists in the country.
- Dr. Biruk has a calm and composed personality and tries to make his patients comfortable in every situation.
- He works wholeheartedly and always motivates his patients to heal fast.
- In addition to his work at the hospital, Dr. Biruk also volunteered his time and expertise to local community health programs, where he helped to educate people about the importance of exercise and rehabilitation for people with disabilities.
- He organizes a free fall prevention-screening program for senior citizens every year in Addis Ababa since 2021.
- Today, Dr. Biruk is widely recognized as a leading expert in the field of physiotherapy.
The areas of interest of Dr. Biruk Gebregziabiher include:
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy: This involves the assessment and treatment of injuries or conditions that affect the muscles, joints, and bones, such as back pain, neck pain, arthritis, and sports injuries.
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary physiotherapy: This involves the rehabilitation of people with heart and lung conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, and post-operative cardiac surgery.
- Women's health physiotherapy: This involves working with women who have conditions such as pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence, and pregnancy-related musculoskeletal issues.
- Geriatric physiotherapy: This involves working with older adults to help them maintain their independence, mobility, and function as they age.
- Neurological physiotherapy: This focuses on the rehabilitation of people with neurological conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, and spinal cord injuries.
- Dr. Biruk Gebregziabiher graduated from University of Gondar in 2006 after completing a Bachelor Science degree (BSc) degree in physiotherapy.
- He completed a doctorate in physiotherapy (with distinction) recently from Addis Ababa University, College of Health Science in 2017.
Experience and Memberships
- Dr. Biruk Gebregziabiher currently works at St Pauls’ hospital millennium medical college.
- He has vast experience of more than 12 years. He was part of Jinka primary hospital as junior physiotherapist previously.
- He gained valuable experience at Cheshire services Ethiopia as CBR team leader.
- He served as Rehab. Trainer at Handicap international.
- Dr. Biruk worked in the position of Department head at Adama general hospital and medical college also.
- Dr. Biruk has held important positions as a core team member on the development of Ethiopia physical rehabilitation service guideline 2018, member of national rehabilitation task force at federal ministry of health of Ethiopia and national rehabilitation and assistive technology services management guideline.
- He is associated with national rehabilitation and assistive technology strategic plan 2021- 2025 also.
- Dr. Biruk has membership of Ethiopia physiotherapy association (EPTA) executive committee.
Your trust is our top concern, so these reviews are from real people like you. We collect feedback only from our customers after getting medical services in the facility booked via Mespoir.com.
We publish both positive and negative reviews for you to make the best choice.