- Apollo Hospital Chennai is a tertiary care hospital located in the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. They embarked on their journey in the year 1983. The hospital has a bed capacity of 1,660 and employs more than 11,000 doctors.
- It offers a range of medical services including general surgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics and gynaecology, cardiology, pediatric medicine, neuroscience, transplants, critical care, bariatrics and cancer treatment.
- Apollo Hospital Chennai is one of the largest and most reputed hospitals in the city. The hospital has a good reputation for providing high-quality healthcare services. It operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, catering to the needs of both local and international patients.
- The hospital has a well-trained and experienced team of doctors and nurses who are committed to providing high-quality care to their patients.
- Apollo Hospital Chennai offers the best possible treatments to patients from India and overseas. They constantly upgrade their instrumentations to provide the best healthcare facilities to the patients.
- Apollo hospital, Chennai is a proud receiver of surplus awards. Some of them are mentioned below. For the year 2022, the hospital received Excellence Award in the category of patient experience and clinical effectiveness improvement.
- The hospital ranked 1st position for the year 2022 in the list of best multi-speciality hospitals for cancer treatment, cardiology, neurology, gastroenterology, and other niches.
- The hospital holds 1st position across India and 126th position across the globe for the best hospital for cardiology treatment in the year 2022.
- Apollo hospital Chennai received the award for excellence in healthcare in the year 2021. Other awards received in the year 2021 include the CII award, KAIZEN award, India’s most trusted hospital award, Times critical care survey award, International Hospital Federation Awards, and Excellence in Quality Award.
- Apollo hospital Chennai received the 2020 Award for Indian Radiation Oncology Enabling Treatment. The hospital also received the position of the best cancer treatment hospital in the Times of India Survey.
- Apollo hospital Chennai has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH). The hospital has also received the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Healthcare.
- Apollo hospital Chennai is one of the oldest and most prestigious hospitals in India. It has been accredited by many international organizations such as the Joint Commission International (JCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO). This makes Apollo one of the most respected hospitals in South Asia.
- Apollo hospital Chennai is among the few hospitals in India to have received accreditation from the JCI (Joint Commission International) which is an international health organization.
- The hospital has also been awarded the ‘A’ grade by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care Organizations. The hospital has been accredited for its excellence in cancer care, medical intensive care, orthopaedic surgery, gynaecology and obstetrics/gynaecology.
- The NABH accreditation confirms that the hospital meets or exceeds all national healthcare standards.
- The hospital was also awarded the 'Gold Medal' by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India in recognition of its excellence in healthcare services.
- Apollo is one of only a few hospitals in India to have achieved both 5-star NABH accreditation and the 'Gold Medal' from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India.
Your trust is our top concern, so these reviews are from real people like you. We collect feedback only from our customers after getting medical services in the facility booked via Bookimed.com.
We publish both positive and negative reviews for you to make the best choice. Each review is moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
Positive reviews on Apollo Hospital Chennai