Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi
- It is one of the largest centres for cancer treatment not only in India but Asia at large.
- It was established in 1996 and is a project of Indraprastha Cancer society and centre.
- It offers a vast spectrum of treatment modalities for curing cancer which includes surgeries, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy, radiation and bone marrow transplant.
- Robotic surgeries have also been included in surgical modality for cancer treatment.
Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- It is a top notch cancer treatment centre in India.
- Based in Mumbai, this esteemed hospital treats nearly one third of cancer patients of India alone.
- The hospital has an Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research & Education in cancer.
- Due to its rigorous research the hospital consistently endeavours in improving and developing newer, convenient and result oriented treatment thereby setting highest standards across the globe.
- Comprehensive care, rehabilitation and long post treatment follow ups help make Tata a choice for every patient.
- Tata hospital also allows for teleconsultation on a pre-fixed date and time.
- This facility helps minimise the hassle of travel and waiting in long queues.
- The service is open to all patients seeking first consultation, second opinions and those on follow ups.
Requirements for International patients:
- As an international patient possession of medical visa at the time of registration at hospital and deposition of an amount of INR 2 lakh is mandatory.
- Possession of a medical visa is also an absolute necessity for the attendants of the patient.
- The patient also needs to register with the Jurisdictional Foreigners Regional registration office.
- Medical Social Workers' department arranges free accommodation at subsidised rates at Borges Memorial Home in Bandra.
- The length of stay permitted is 4 to 6 weeks for those on regular follow ups.
- St. Jude’s centre for children similarly provides accommodation for children at subsidised rates at Indian Cancer centre in Parel for as long as 9 months.
- Admission and accommodation at such centres is allowed post scrutiny of smart card and discharge card issued by hospital.
- It is one of the most looked up to names in light of treatment of cancer.
- Ranked as the most trusted hospital, Apollo offers precision oncology to make the diagnosis apt and clearly understandable to the patients.
- There are 10 centres across India catering primarily to cancer affected individuals.
- It was the 1st ISO certified healthcare provider and today is a caregiver to cancer patients from all around the globe.
- It has all requisites including an experienced staff, state of art infrastructure and is equipped with all modern armamentarium and technology to provide a successful treatment and rehabilitation to cancer suffering individuals.
- It has its Proton Care Centre dedicated for the cure of cancer. Proton therapy helps combat organ specific cancers.
Apollo Cancer Centre, Tenyampet, Chennai
- This hospital of the chain provides treatments of multiple disciplines including cancer.
- It offers advanced tertiary care in oncology.
- The centre being an integral part of Apollo hospital group has all possible scope for cross references and any intervention needed from experts of multiple disciplines across the group.
- The institute proudly owns statistical data of over 1000 successful Bone marrow transplantation performed, uneventful completion of 22000 oncology surgeries and 1320 cyber knife treatments.
- It also launched South India’s first Excelsius GPS Spine Robot and has completed 50 surgeries till date.
- The hospital provides holistic 360 degree cancer care.
- There is a special Platinum ward at Apollo speciality hospitals, Chennai to deliver custom built services.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams road, Chennai
- Established in 1983 in Chennai, the hospital is an integral part of the Apollo hospitals group.
- It was the first cancer care hospital in India and the very first in Chennai to be accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH).
- Among its titles of firsts is also its achievement of being the first hospital in East Asia to have a proton care centre.
- All cases are presented before a tumour board which comprises a team of medical, surgical and radiation oncologists and at length discussions are undertaken to discuss treatment plan and related perspectives of the case in question.
- The hospital currently occupies the first place on the pedestal of being the best cancer hospital in India.
- The latest radiotherapy techniques made use of during treatment includes TrueBeam STX. Complex surgical procedures such as liver resection, extensive resection of lung tumours, limb conserving surgeries in bone tumours, reconstruction of flaps and laparoscopic procedures are performed in the hospital on a routine basis.
BLK Hospital, New Delhi
- Based in Delhi, it offers a complete cancer care involving multidisciplinary treatments all under one roof.
- Under its experienced team of radiologists and oncologists the hospital provides a comprehensive treatment thus lighting lamps of hope and joy for national and international patients.
- It was Asia’s first and 7th worldwide to introduce the cyber knife VSI.
- It makes use of the most technologically upgraded techniques such as Trilogy TX Linear Accelerator, IGRT, IMRT, 3 D CRT and high dose rate brachytherapy.
- It is the first cancer care hospital in Delhi to offer hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy technology in Specifically for treatment of breast cancers, modern methodologies put to use at the hospital include - Single dose intra operative radiation therapy and 3D conformal partial breast irradiation which can cut down significantly the duration of treatment.
Max Hospital, New Delhi
- Max hospitals is one of the best centres in India providing a holistic and integrated treatment and cure to cancer.
- With its state of art technology and the Da Vinci Xi robotic system it provides comfortable treatment approaches to patients hailing from far and wide.
- Customised treatment to ensure precise care and comfortable recovery are its key highlights.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- This multispecialty hospital was established in 2006 and has a bed capacity of 750 beds.
- The hospital has been recognised as “ a designated centre for integrated oncology and palliative care” by the European Society of medical oncology.
- This stands itself as a testimony to state that this hospital is one of the best centres for cancer treatment in India.
- The institute makes use of the most recent and advanced means for treatment which includes robotic surgeries, minimal access surgeries, trilogy for radiotherapy, Edge and Novalis for radiosurgery.
- The institute has an extensive and fully equipped comprehensive breast care unit.
- A complete cure for breast related issues is provided under the care and supervision of the best of specialists and experts.
- To add to this, the centre also owns the biggest stem cell transplant unit in Western India.
Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- It is a 500 bedded multi specialty hospital in Chennai which has its oncology department as the leading department of the hospital.
- It was established in 1992. It is well equipped with the most competent technology used for treatment of breast cancer, colon cancer, lymphomas and leukaemia.
- The centre has highly qualified teams for medical, surgical and radiation therapy for cure and care of cancer patients.
Dharamshila Narayana Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- It was the pioneer among the cancer hospitals in north India and currently ranks as the best among the cancer hospitals of the nation.
- Established in 1994, it is a 300 bedded hospital located in New Delhi.
- It was also the first cancer hospital to receive NABH accreditation in 2008.
- Narayana group of hospitals is the second largest hospital network in India.
- Owing to its highly skilled team of oncologists, it takes up the most intricate head and neck tumour surgeries on a routine basis.
- It has a record of having treated approximately 2 million cancer affected individuals every year belonging to 30 different disciplines.
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- This super speciality hospital was established in 2007.
- It has a bed capacity of 350 beds and misuse of recent and latest technology for establishing an accurate and exact diagnosis.
- The various diagnostic aids used for disease interpretation are fluoroscopy, multi slice cardiac CT, MRI-3T ,BMD- Dexa scan etc. Nuclear medicine department employs gamma cameras including stress thallium for cancer diagnosis.
- Besides the technology the hospital has the best names of international fame on the panel of doctors and research personnel who constantly strive to devise newer approaches for patient care and convenience.
Submit a Request