Best Cancer Hospitals in India
Showing 1 - 10 of 81 results
- It has multiple intensive care units specialising for departments like Medicine, Surgery, Cardiology, Paediatrics, Neonatology, Neurosciences and Organ Transplant. It always tops the list of best hospitals in India.
- The hospital maintains electronic records for...
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is a tertiary care hospital in Gurgaon, India. It was established in 2006 as a not-for-profit organisation. Today it lies in list of best hospitals in India.
- FMRI offers comprehensive...
- Apollo Hospital is a general hospital situated in Delhi, India. It was founded in 1983 by Dr Prathap C Reddy. The hospital offers both primary and secondary health care services, and has a staff of over...
- Max Super Specialty Hospital is a multi-specialty hospital situated in Shalimar Bagh, Delhi. It offers services in various medical specialties such as cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, oncology and renal transplant.
- The hospital has a team of experienced...
- The Global Hospital Mumbai is a tertiary care hospital that offers comprehensive medical services to patients from all over the world. The hospital has a team of highly skilled and experienced doctors who are able to...
- Medanta Hospital is internationally known and admitting patients from over 167 countries.
- It has a wide variety of specialities and treatment procedures available, including bariatric surgery, cancer, dental, heptology, IVF and fertility.
- Medanta is a large...
- The Madras Institute of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (MIOT) International Hospital is a world-renowned tertiary care hospital in Chennai, India. It offers comprehensive medical and surgical services in the fields of orthopaedics, traumatology, and sports medicine.
- Manipal Hospital Delhi is located in Delhi.
- Manipal Hospital is internationally known and admitting patients from over 167 countries.
- It has a wide variety of specialties and treatment procedures available.
- Medanta hospital is a large, private...
Artemis Hospital is a multi-specialty hospital located in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. The hospital has been operational since 2009 and offers services in over 25 specialties.
Artemis Hospital is a JCI accredited hospital and...
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute is one of the best hospitals in Delhi. It is a multispecialty hospital that provides world-class healthcare services to patients from all over the world.
- The hospital offers a wide range of...
Cancer is a serious and life-threatening disease that requires timely and effective treatment. In India, there are many hospitals that provide high-quality cancer care to patients. These hospitals have state-of-the-art facilities, experienced doctors and nurses, and advanced technologies to diagnose and treat different types of cancer.
One of the best cancer hospitals in India is the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai. Established in 1941, this hospital is a leading cancer treatment center in the country and is known for its excellence in research, education, and patient care. The hospital has a team of experienced oncologists, surgeons, and radiation therapists who provide personalized treatment plans to each patient. The hospital also has a dedicated department for pediatric cancer care and a cancer genetics clinic.
Another top cancer hospital in India is the AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) in New Delhi. This hospital is a premier medical institute that is known for its advanced medical facilities and expert medical professionals. The hospital has a dedicated cancer center that provides comprehensive cancer care to patients. The center has advanced technologies such as PET-CT scanners, linear accelerators, and brachytherapy units to deliver precise and effective treatment. The hospital also has a cancer research center that conducts clinical trials and research to improve cancer treatment and care.
The Cancer Institute (WIA) in Chennai is another renowned cancer hospital in India. Established in 1954, this hospital is known for its comprehensive cancer care services. The hospital has a team of experienced oncologists and surgeons who provide personalized treatment to patients. The hospital has advanced technologies such as PET-CT scanners, linear accelerators, and brachytherapy units to deliver precise and effective treatment. The hospital also has a cancer research center that conducts clinical trials and research to improve cancer treatment and care.
The Christian Medical College and Hospital in Vellore is another top cancer hospital in India. This hospital is known for its advanced medical facilities and expert medical professionals. The hospital has a dedicated cancer center that provides comprehensive cancer care to patients. The center has advanced technologies such as PET-CT scanners, linear accelerators, and brachytherapy units to deliver precise and effective treatment. The hospital also has a cancer research center that conducts clinical trials and research to improve cancer treatment and care.
In conclusion, there are many excellent cancer hospitals in India that provide high-quality cancer care to patients. These hospitals have advanced medical facilities, experienced medical professionals, and advanced technologies to diagnose and treat different types of cancer. Some of the best cancer hospitals in India include the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, the AIIMS in New Delhi, the Cancer Institute (WIA) in Chennai, and the Christian Medical College and Hospital in Vellore. These hospitals are known for their comprehensive cancer care services and their commitment to improving cancer treatment and care through research and clinical trials.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Rajiv Gandhi cancer Institute and Research Cancer
2. Tata Memorial Hospital
3. Apollo Hospital
4. Apollo Cancer Centre, Tenyampet, Chennai
5. Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
6. BLK Hospital
7. Max Super Speciality Hospital
8. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
9. Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
10. Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
The competitively improving healthcare sector promises a great future for healthcare seekers nationally and internationally. Among the various factors that make it so include, the latest medical technology available and being used in the form of modern diagnostic and treatment methodologies. The compliance to international quality standards take India at par in the field of
medical science ,with other developed nations. Moreover the cost of treatments is drastically less with no compromise on quality which makes India a go to destination for any individual
seeking comprehensive treatment without burning a hole in one’s pocket. There are numerous JCI and NABH accredited hospitals available across India with state of art facilities to make the treatment available to one and all. Since English is widely spoken and understood one does not have to struggle with communication issues. Last yet not least , India offers diverse tourist destinations so one can mentally relax even while
treatments are in progress.
There are a variety of cancer treatments available in India. Some of the most common
treatments include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. There are also a number of
alternative treatments available, such as Ayurveda and homeopathy.
Conventionally Surgery used to be the mainstay of treatment but now there are multidisciplinary
approaches taken up to uproot the menace of cancer. Chemotherapy involves use of drugs to
kill cancer cells. Radiotherapy involves use of gamma radiations to target and destroy cancer
affected cells. There have been numerous advancements in recent years and modern therapies
such as immunotherapy, hormone therapy, cell targeted drug therapy , Stem cell and bone
marrow transplantation have emerged as new hopes for millions.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the cost of cancer treatments in India
can vary depending on the type of cancer, the stage of the cancer, and other factors. However,
some general estimates for the cost of cancer treatments in India are as follows:
Chemotherapy: USD 15 USD -$130 USD per cycle
Radiotherapy: $7000 USD- $27,000 USD
Surgical treatment $1500 USD- $10,000 USD
Bone Marrow Transplant- $18,000 USD- $26,000 USD
Immunotherapy- $1,500 USd- $5,100 USD per cycle
Hormone therapy- $650 USD- $800 USD per month
Targeted drug therapy- may go as upwards as $30,000
The minimum price for Cancer Treatment in India starts from INR Rs.90,000. The average cost
of Cancer Treatment in India is INR Rs.5,00,000. The maximum charge for Cancer Treatment in
India is up to INR Rs.27,50,000
There are many great cancer treatment hospitals in India. If you are looking for the best care,
you should consider Mumbai, Delhi, or Bangalore. Picking a city will depend on your personal
needs. Here is what each city is known for:
Delhi is the nation’s capital, where India’s latest technology launches first, including the
cyberknife and PET MRI. Mumbai is known for being the center for Pediatric oncology and
Gene Therapy. Chennai is home to South Asia’s first proton cancer therapy. Lastly, Bangalore is
India’s IT hub and one of the most sophisticated cities in the country for medical care.
Another factor which may influence which city you may pick is the cost of treatment in that city.
To help you decide the city best suited for you, we have accumulated an average range of the
cost of treatment in some large cities of India.
Bangalore $1,500 usd - $32,000 usd
Delhi $1,500 usd - $33,000 usd
Mumbai $1,400 usd - $35,000 usd
Gurgaon $1,200 usd - $32,000 usd
Chennai $1,100 usd - $30,500 usd
Indian hospitals are experienced with cancer treatment. They have a number of oncologists who are highly skilled in treating all types of cancer. The hospitals also have the latest technology and equipment for cancer treatment.
There is no definitive answer to this question as hospital success rates for cancer treatment vary
depending on the type of cancer, the stage of cancer, and other individual factors. However,
according to a study published in the Lancet Oncology in 2016, the five-year survival rate for
breast cancer patients in India was found to be 68%.
The amount of time you would need to stay in India for cancer treatment would depend on the type and severity of your cancer. You would likely need to stay for at least a few weeks, if not longer, in order to receive the necessary treatment.