- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute is India's newest, most advanced tertiary care facility. It is the flagship social initiative of the Reliance Group.
- The hospital had its first robot a few years ago for performing minimally invasive surgery. In a short span of 2 years, the specialists have performed over 1000 Robotic Surgeries with successful outcomes.
- It is a 750 bedded hospital and its critical care unit has the largest number of critical care beds in Mumbai, with 180 ICU beds.
- Special technical features in ICUs include ceiling-mounted, dual-arm pendants, which ensure that the space around the patient is not cluttered. Another unique feature is dedicated air supply that keeps the critical care area free of any kind of contamination and infection.
- Kokilaben Hospital has a total of over 240 independent consulting clinics, with the capacity to handle over 9,000 outpatient consultations every day.
- The hospital is equipped with the following technology and equipment:
- da Vinci Surgical System (Robotic Surgery)
- O-armTM Surgical Imaging Systems
- Armeo Spring, a Computer-enhanced rehabilitation device to improve hand and arm impairments for patients suffering from strokes, brain injuries or neurological disorders
- Lokomat Pro, a Robotic-driven Gait Orthosis and Computer-enhanced Rehabilitation device to improve walking in neurologically impaired patients
- Radiation Oncology Linac Suites equipped with Trilogy for radiotherapy and Novalis Tx for precise and pain-free radio surgeries.
- EDGETM – the most powerful Stereotactic Radiosurgery tool for cancer treatment
- 3 Tesla MRI
- 40 Slice PET CT, SPECT and 64 Slice Dual Source CT
- Gait & Motion Analysis Lab for patients with cerebral palsy and stroke
- Aquatic Treadmill for sports and neurological rehabilitation
- External Counterpulsation (ECP) machine for refractory cardiac failure
- The hospital houses the largest Multi-Specialty Rehabilitation Complex spreaded over 30,000 square feet area.
Clinics and departments
The hospital has the following centers of excellence:
- Accident & Emergency
- Bone & Joint
- Cardiac Sciences
- Children's Heart
- Cosmetology & Plastic Surgery
- Critical Care
- Diabetes & Bariatric Surgery
- Mother & Child
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Robotic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Other than this, the hospital has 27 'other speciality departments’ and 25 ‘super specialist clinics’ which deliver world-class outcomes.
Awards and Recognition
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital has been ranked the No. 1 Multispecialty Hospital in Mumbai & the Western Region for six years in a row (2016-2021) by The Week Magazine.
- It was also ranked as the Best Multispecialty Hospital - National at the ET Healthworld Hospital Awards 2020 and 2021.
- It also received the "Best Hospital - Oncology" & "Best Hospital - Diabetology" - West at the prestigious ET Healthworld Hospital Awards 2020.
- It received the most Trusted Hospital in Mumbai 2021 award from Reader's Digest India for the hospital and also for the Department of Diabetes Care, IVF and ChildBirth, Oncology, and Orthopedic.
- It received the Best Multispeciality Hospital in Mumbai award at the NavaBharat Healthcare Awards 2021 and 2018.
- It was ranked no. 1 Multispecialty Hospital in Mumbai and the Western Region by The Times of India - 3rd Time in a row.
- The hospital was awarded the Center for Excellence Award for Neurology at the India Healthcare and Wellness Awards presented by CNBC-TV18 and ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
Accreditation and Certification
- Kokilaben Hospital received the Univants of Healthcare Excellence Certificate of Achievement
- It also received accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), USA. JCI is a benchmark for quality healthcare worldwide.
- The hospitals are also National Accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare Providers (NABH) accredited.
- The hospital’s laboratory has been accredited by College of American Pathology (CAP), USA since January 2013. It is the only hospital Laboratory in Western India to be awarded with an international accreditation (CAP) within four years of inception.
- The hospital’s laboratory is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), India’s leading accreditation body for medical laboratories.
Your trust is our top concern, so these reviews are from real people like you. We collect feedback only from our customers after getting medical services in the facility booked via Bookimed.com.
We publish both positive and negative reviews for you to make the best choice. Each review is moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
Positive reviews on Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital