Some of the best hospitals in Chennai are:-
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road Chennai is the flagship of Apollo Hospital and it was established in 1983.
- It revolutionized, and has kept at it since then, the healthcare sector at its inception.
- All the departments at Apollo Hospital are spearheaded by internationally trained and acclaimed doctors, state of the art facilities for various health disorders and cutting-edge medical procedures, making it the mecca for medical tourism destinations for patients from across India and around the globe.
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai is a center of excellence capable of providing the very best healthcare to all of its patients.
- It is a multi-specialty center with over 60 specialized departments along with a fully-equipped ambulance capable of handling all emergencies, a toll free emergency number 1066 to help patients contact the hospital in case of emergencies, a telemedicine department to help patients with remote consultation, an on-site Telemedicine facility in areas where medical consultation is not available and an Occupational Health Center with an On-site Doctor.
- The hospital is equipped with the latest medical technology advancement, being operated by expert and experienced professionals capable of dealing with any medical emergency or complex medical issue.
- The center is maintained well, i.e. its design, equipment and manpower are updated according to the latest trends whenever deemed necessary.
- The staff is trained continuously to ensure that they are keeping up with the innovative developments in the medical world.
- The hospital also conducts Screening Camps, Awareness Lectures, and Open Session with doctors, Health and Wellness Workshops and Support Groups to increase community awareness regarding healthcare.
Gleneagles Global Health City
- Since its inception in 1999, Gleneagles has been a beacon of healthcare in India.
- It is widely recognized as the first multi-organ transplant center and as an advanced care facility for Gastroenterology in the capital city of Hyderabad.
- Since then it has expanded its operation into other major metro cities of Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai.
- The chain has now been acquired by the IHH Healthcare as a means to leverage Parkway’s International expertise in managing excellent hospitals with world class standards.
- It has a global network of over 16 hospitals in over 5 countries.
- Within India alone, the infrastructure of Gleneagles Global Hospitals includes a chain of tertiary and quaternary healthcare centers with over 2,000 beds and state-of-the-art, world-class technology.
- It is a pioneer in the field of organ transplantation for its comprehensive expertise in kidney, liver, heart and lung transplants.
- It aims to provide quality healthcare accessible to all the people coming to it.
- The hospital has a cohort of expert consultants and surgeons that are regarded as iconic figures in the medical fraternity.
- It is a distinguished medical facility with high commitments to excellent patient- centric care and health service. In recent years, it has made comprehensive and tangible changes in its healthcare policy to improve the experience of patients and their relatives across all its facilities.
- Its compassionate healthcare system sets it apart from all the other facilities in the country.
- Set up under the expert and eminent guidance of the Late Dr. V. Jeganathan, Billroth began as a small medical facility with just 30 beds in 1990.
- Its first notable landmark was its acquisition of Kaliappa Hospitals, a 100 bedded multi-specialty hospital in 2003.
- Then in 2007, it established itself as a super- specialty medical facility with just over 350 beds.
- After the passing of Dr. V. Jeganathan, the hospital was taken over by his son Dr. Rajesh Jegannathan.
- With him at the helm, the hospital has reached new heights and exceeded his father’s dreams.
- Billroth is now synonymous to being the most expert and reliable healthcare institution in the country.
- It is recognized as a pioneer in the medical industry as the first dual CT scan in Tamil Nadu was introduced by Dr. Rajesh.
- He also introduced several other departments to the hospital to convert it from a Multi- Specialty to a Super Specialty Hospital.
- The hospital also introduced the RapidArc Treatment for Cancer and a NICU with a sophisticated labor ward.
- The hospital aims to be a center of quality and efficiency by providing medical treatment in the most professional and effective manner to enhance the patient experience at the hospital.
- It values excellence, innovation, integrity and teamwork in its staff.
- Every person is continuously working to improve themselves so as to provide the best quality of care.
- They leave no stone unturned to ensure the maximum level of patient safety.
- The hospital also performs several community service programs as a bid for providing free health care services for the poor.
- These philanthropic projects have contributed greatly towards the legacy of the Billroth Hospital.
Sri Ramachandra Medical Center, Chennai
- SRMC, Chennai is a quaternary care multi-specialty hospital.
- It was established in the form of a teaching hospital as Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute in 1985 under the guidance of Late Shri NPV Ramasway Udayar in partnership with the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu - Bharat Ratna Dr. M.G. Ramachandran.
- It was the first privately owned medical college in TamilNadu.
- What started out as a small two storey college has now evolved into a large multi-specialty teaching hospital.
- It aims to enhance the patient experience and provide affordable and excellent healthcare to all.
- After his passing the leadership of the hospital was undertaken by Shri VR Venkatachalam.
- SRMC is a leading health care delivery institution in South India as it provides cutting edge state-of-art medical care to all the patients it receives.
- It is filled with physicians, surgeons and health care providers that excel in their respective medical and surgical specialities and subspecialties.
- Each patient that walks through its doors is given the guarantee of excellent healthcare.
- It is the first and only hospital in India that is affiliated to a medical university that has the privilege of acquiring JCI, NABH, NABL and AABB accreditations.
- This is not but one of the many highlights of its journey in becoming the best healthcare institution in the country.
- The hospital stretches over a large area of lush greenery to increase the quality of patient experience.
- The hospital facility is enormous with 800 beds and 200 Intensive care units, providing healthcare treatment for over 35,000 inpatients and 2,50,000 outpatients every year.
Submit a Request