- Fortis Hospital, Mulund stands as a prominent healthcare institution with a capacity of 315 beds, offering an extensive array of specialized medical services for patients in need of advanced care. This tertiary care facility is equipped to address a wide spectrum of diagnostic and treatment requirements, reflecting its commitment to comprehensive healthcare solutions.
- At the forefront of medical innovation, Fortis Hospital, Mulund is proud to house the largest multi-organ transplant center in the state of Maharashtra, underscoring its dedication to pushing the boundaries of medical possibilities. This center serves as a testament to the hospital's dedication to providing cutting-edge treatments and improving patients' quality of life through innovative medical interventions.
- Unquestionably, Fortis Hospital, Mulund has solidified its reputation as one of India's premier medical institutions. Its commitment to patient-centric care, state-of-the-art facilities, and a team of highly skilled medical professionals have contributed to its esteemed standing in the medical landscape.
- It is one of the best hospitals in India undoubtedly.
- It is also the first hospital in western India to have completed 100+ successive heart transplants in just 4 years.
- It is also the only hospital in the city to have multi organ transplant and has treated the youngest patient for angioplasty.
- Fortis Hospital Mulund now also has central Mumbai’s first advanced surgical robot.
- Dr Gurneet Singh Sawhney, Senior Consultant–Neurosurgery, Fortis Hospital, Mulund, performed a unique awake brain craniotomy to save a 40 year old man from being mute for the rest of his life. He was suffering from focal seizures and word-finding difficulty.
- With cutting edge technology, highly skilled and experienced surgeons and paramedical staff the Fortis Hospital at Mulund provides care with a patient-centric approach.
Clinics and departments
The hospital’s core specialties includes:
- Cardiac Sciences
- Liver Transplant
- BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant)
Awards and Recognition
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund has been honored with several awards in recent times.
- The hospital received the Best Hospital CEO & Best Clinical Service Improvement by Asian Hospital Management Awards in 2019
- It has been awarded the best Hospital for Cardiology at the Times Healthcare Achievers Awards in 2018.
- It received the British Medical Journal (BMJ) Awards India 2014 for Medical Team of the Year
- It was awarded the Patient Safety & HRD award in Asian Hospital Management Awards three times in a row.
- It bagged the Asian Patient Safety Award (2014) for Innovation in Staff Education.
- Fortis Hospital Mulund received an award for Best Patient Safety in Healthcare Leadership Awards 2014
- It was also awarded the FICCI Healthcare award for Operational Excellence (consecutively in 2012 & 2013).
- The hospital received the National Energy Conservation Award which was bestowed by the Honorable President of India in 2012.
- The hospital was awarded the best Orthopedic Hospital by Indian Healthcare Awards 2011.
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund was recently awarded the prestigious 'Best Hospital in Mumbai' award by the Assocham. The hospital has been consistently topping the charts for quality healthcare and is widely acknowledged for its innovative treatments and state-of-the-art facilities.
- The hospital was recently conferred the prestigious 'Award of Excellence' by the ministry of health and family welfare. The award is given to hospitals that have shown exemplary performance in various parameters. This includes quality of care, efficiency and value for money.
Accreditation and Certification
- Fortis Hospital in Mulund is 5 times Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited (quality as per international standards).
- The hospital is National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare (NABH) accredited (quality standards specified across India).
- It houses the 1st NABH accredited Blood Bank in India.
- The hospital also has a pathology lab which is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) three times.
Your trust is our top concern, so these reviews are from real people like you. We collect feedback only from our customers after getting medical services in the facility booked via Mespoir.com.
We publish both positive and negative reviews for you to make the best choice.
Reviews on Fortis Hospital Mulund
Doctor - Bariatric Surgery Laparoscopic Surgery
29 Years of experience
Hotel Archana Residency - Mumbai
Address:- C/O HOTEL ARCHANA UNIT LBS MARG , MULUND, 400080 Mumbai, India –
Distance From the Hospital :- The hotel is located 3.2 km away from Fortis Hospital Mulund. The property is 10 km away from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, and Kanheri Caves are 12 km far.
Price Per night for 2 people :- $42
Hotel Shilpa - Mumbai
Address:- L B S Marg, Mulund West, Mumbai - 400080 (Near R-Mall Big Bazar, Checknaka)
Distance From the Hospital :- Hotel Shilpa is situated at a distance of 3.2 km from Fortis Hospital Mulund. The hotel is located at a distance of 17.2 km from T2 - Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and just 0.8 km away from Western Railway Stn - Bhayander.
Price Per night for 2 people :- $42
Hotel Dreams Residency - Mumbai
Address:- B-42,Sector 20,226H+QR3,Garage Lane, Belapur Village, Navi Mumbai Navi Mumbai, CBD Belapur, 400614 Navi Mumbai, India
Distance From the Hospital :- The hotel is 9 km away from Fortis Hospital Mulund. The property is located 26 km away from Phoenix Market City Mall and 29 km away from Dadar Railway Station.
Price Per night for 2 people :- $30